Saturday, January 17, 2009

Biker babeeeeeeee

I have some exciting news to report!

D's riding a bike!!!

Ok, it has training wheels, and he does lose his momentum a LOT and needs a little push, anddddd his feet slip off the pedals a lot. But he can do it!!! I can't believe it!! I chased him up and down the alley for forever today. Yeah, don't let him get on a slight downhill slope or he is GONE...lol THAT was some running...but he did awesome with little pushes every now and then going back up the alley.

I was really afraid for awhile that he wouldn't be able to with his midline neurological issues. I swear, NEVER put this kid in a box, he will prove you wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. When he was born, with the issues he had, they didn't know if he'd ever be able to even walk or talk. But look at him now!!!

I am so kicking myself too that I didn't take any pictures or video of it, but I'll get him back out there soon so I can update this with some cool pics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! My 9 year old just learned to ride without training wheels, so don't be frustrated by what you see other kids do. When I had totally given up that she would ever do it, she did it.

Susan

Beth said...

Way to go D!!!!!!!!!

Helen said...

He rocks 'cause he's got the best mama around!
Go D!!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo D! You are such an amazing little boy and your momma is so cool and way hot! :D
xoxo