Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ringing in the New Year!

This post begins the chronicles of our New Years 2009 Road Trip.

We spent our New Years Eve, Day and the 2nd of Jan in Oklahoma City with my dad and his wife Liz. We had a great time!! On New Years Eve, they treated us to an NBA game (The OKC Thunder vs the Golden State Warriors). And...THEY WON!!! We had an awesome time at the game, D was excited by all the hollering and dancing, ESPECIALLY the cheerleaders. He was quite enthralled.


There's a company in OKC called Devon. And so I tried to get pics of every reference of it...lol (Pssstt...if you don't know...D stands for Devon. "duhVAWN", not "DEV-in".)

At the game, we had fantastic seats!! 8th row from the floor, I think? My dad is the one peeking around me...lol

Warm up for the Thunder...

Bout to hear the National Anthem

The monkey that Liz got for D

Lets get this party started!!!

This pic isn't really about the players...look at D's name in the background...lol

Yup, we were in OKC...

Lots of balloons to distract the shooters...

Ohmuhgoodness, D was SO enthralled..."were are my girls at? are my girls gonna come dance more??" was ALL we heard.

This is D watching "his girls"

Its the "Devon Dunk of the Day"...yes I'ma dork...

Monkey enjoyed the game too

D and Liz share a quiet moment

And then get LOUD! lol

Yup theres his name again...

And again...

This sweet cheerleader agreed to a pic with her adoring fan...the little P.I.M.P.

Tried to get some pics of players...

And this one wasn't quite intentional, but I liked it anyway! lol

Huddled...*sigh*

Liz, D and I...

D's yelling "deeeeyyyyy-o!"

Come onnnnnn...win it! And...they did!! Everyone kept saying D was the good luck charm of the night...hehehe

After the game, we spotted some policemen with their motorcycles...they were obliging for a photop...

And LOOK! D's very own sign...

My dad and I watching the ball go up as it's about to hit midnight...immediately after this, the fireworks went off and D dived off his shoulders...lol po baby, it startled him..

The next day, D helped Liz in the yard some...

Poor Molly had to wait inside for us...

Snatching up some leaves...

In his big yellow gloves...hehehe

Getting some more dead plants out...

And finally, gettin to check out my dad's police car...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMGOSH! Those are great photos... I may have to show the first one to MY Devon, even though he's a DEV-in... LOL!