Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrate Freedom 2009

It was quite a long day for D and I! We were up at 5am to be walking at 6am. He got a bit of a nap and then we hit up Celebrate Freedom this evening for some fun, music, and food! It was so freakin hot out there but we had a great time! The line up was AWESOME. We got to see Newsboys, Mark Shultz, Kirk Franklin, and Jeremy Camp! A bunch of favorites, all in one place...it couldn't have gotten any better.


First up, bounce houses!


Me and my boy
Our friends, Stacy and her kiddos
Bout to try out some golf...
The kids loved the petting zoo
I don't wanna make a "crack" about two "@$$es", and the picture really speaks for itself...so I won't...lol
"MOM, REALLY? An umbrella in my hair? Can I not down my snocone in peace??"
The closest thing to "drank" you can get at Celebrate Freedom...a margarita flavored sno cone!
Silly boy
Abit later, we met up with Beth and her family to finish out the evening with all the great music and worship. I had contemplated not going for quite a few reasons, and was really glad I did. It was def an experience I really needed.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!

Helen said...

I really want to go one day. It always sounds so fun & your pictures make it look fun! Glad you decided to go & had fun!!