Tuesday, April 17, 2007

SI Dysfunction and other thoughts

Well, D was supposed to get his weighted vest this week, but apparently it was too big, so his OT had to send it back and order an XS. I'm really hoping this will help him focus a bit more when sitting at the table needing to concentrate. With his Sensory Integration Dysfunction, he really craves pressure. He always has to be seat belted in somewhere, he just feels so much more secure that way. Shopping carts, his carseat, his stroller. They help him feel secure. Thats also why part of getting his attention involves getting him in front of you, pressing down on his shoulders, and THEN talking to him, it really helps. Thats also why spanking him will never work. lol Because the pressure of it is something he wants rather than something that will get
attention. Plus I think he has a pretty high pain tolerance and might not necessarily feel it (and the boy has a booty on him...lol)

Things have been going good here. On Saturday we went out to visit my friend Jalissa, who had surgery on her ankle. D was a hot MESS the whole time, he just couldn't leave certain things alone. Typical 2 year old behavior. I did have to take him in the bathroom at one point to
let him know I was serious. (No, that doesn't mean that I spanked him, although by that time I sure wanted to!)

Then we went to Jai's soccer game. 4 year olds running around the field is HILARIOUS! Jai even scored a goal! Too bad it was for the other team...but still, it counts! It sure was cold though!! I had to beg Stacy for a blanket from her car...lol

After that, we went home for naps (both me AND D), then headed to church. I think Pastor G could sense something in the crowd, he had an altar call BEFORE he preached...I was like OK GOD, I get the hint, I'm going, I'm going!

I've been so lonely lately. Its hard to be on lockdown with a sleeping child after 7pm every night. Not able to go anywhere or do anything. Before I got D, my passion was taking long drives with the windows down and music blaring at night. Those always relaxed me and might be one of
the few things I miss from being truly single. I felt so close to God during my drives. As if it was just me and Him in the world. I still feel close to Him, don't get me wrong, it just takes a lot more effort on my part. But if thats one of my very FEW regrets, then I think I'm doing pretty good.

Thats about it for now...holla...

No comments: